There are two ways to become a member
1. All hires that join the Faculty via the standard joint-hiring process at the international job market are automatically members of the Program.
2. Hires joining the Faculty via different channels or internally promoted candidates can apply and have to be accepted into the Program. The process is as follows:
- Each applicant to the Program needs two Senior Faculty sponsors (other than the hiring Faculty Member or the principal PhD Supervisor).
- All applications will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the Director (see above) of the Program, the Dean, the Dean of Research, the Recruitment Director, and an additional scientifically qualified Senior Faculty.
- Applicants have to submit their materials (CV and papers) (and present themselves and their work to the committee when asked to).
- Applications are reviewed twice a year, always around the start of the teaching season (Vorlesungszeit).
If the committee supports the candidate’s application (with at least simple majority), membership in the Program is immediate.