Funding, Offerings and Resources
In most cases, Junior Faculty are hired on 100% positions and should have the option to access an independent Research Budget.
Courses and Workshops
Junior Faculty will have access to a diverse set of training elements, either specifically designed and offered by the Program or provided by the MGSE or by LMU centrally:
- Research and Scientific Progress: good academic practice, technical skills, support with grant writing (including access to sample grant proposals), career planning, academic as well as non- academic job options, application training (presentations, CV, website).
- Communication: writing and presentation skills, didactical and rhetorical skills, specific communication training for interactions with the media.
- Management and Leadership: management, mentoring, and leadership skills, work-life balance, soft skills and effective communication.
- Ethics Committee, Research Data Management: understanding administrative processes, organizing a conference – 1⁄2 day workshop (w/CESifo Staff).
- Framework program: exchange with peers, ifo & department experts, external stakeholders, Alumni (e.g. fireside chats).
Beyond these training options, the Program will support an annual Junior Faculty Retreat. Moreover, at the beginning of each academic year all new arrivals will be introduced to the Faculty in a dedicated kick-off event.
- Departmental Research Fund, Contact: Department of Economics, Silke Englmaier, phone: 2180-2218
- Departmental fund for annual JF retreat and travel costs, Contact: Department of Economics, Silke Englmaier, phone: 2180-2218
- Junior Faculty Handbook
- Mentoring Agreements
- Junior Faculty is eligible, according to CESifo admission rules, for membership as Research Affiliates in the CESifo Network
- Junior Faculty is eligible to submit bids for topical workshops and topic weeks within CES